Algae: Big News for AgBio
Andrew Dahl, CEO of ZIVO Bioscience, a biotech/agtech R&D company engaged in the commercialization of nutritional and medicinal products derived from proprietary algal strains joins Entrepreneurial Fit Radio.
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guest Andrew Dahl discuss the following:
- Tell us about your background and why algae?
- As recent headlines show, consumers are trying to add more plants into their diets, and plant-based protein is a prominent attraction in this area. To what extent can developers of algae strains capitalize on this trend and fulfill consumer demand?
- What is the overall size of the addressable market for algae-based products for consumer and animal health?
- Is the current state of technology of algae production in the U.S. capable of satisfying the potentially widespread consumption of algae-based products by humans and animals? If not, how long do you estimate it would take for production methods to be scaled-up to this extent?
- What are some of the major roadblocks in the way of acceptance of algae-based product as a large-scale commercial category in the U.S., both on the part of manufacturers and on the part of consumers?
- What types of algae-based products has ZIVO been focusing on to date and how might they fulfill needs in nutrition and health for animals and humans?
- What single message would you most like to convey to food manufacturers and nutrition companies that are considering integrating algae-based products into their offerings?
Mr. Dahl was formerly a principal consultant and managing director of Great Northern & Reserve Partners, LLC, a marketing strategy and business planning consultancy focused on the biomed and biotech sectors, since 2005.
For the previous 20 years, Mr. Dahl served as President of Dawber & Company, Inc., one of the largest independent marketing & consulting firms in the Midwest, with an extensive Fortune 500 client roster that included GM, Ford, Northwest, Xerox, AT&T and Compuware, among others. He attended the College for Creative Studies and Wayne State University. Mr. Dahl holds three US patents for interactive multimedia and is a named inventor in one recent biotech patent and several biomed patent applications.
People also listened to this: Is Your Drinking Water Safe? Don’t Guess…TEST!