What you should think about before making a career change with Beverly D. Flaxington
Beverly D. Flaxington, two-time bestselling and Gold-award winning author, international speaker, accomplished consultant, personal and career coach, bestselling author, college professor, corporate trainer, facilitator, behavioral expert, entrepreneur and business development expert joins Enterprise Radio.
- A lot of people dream of being their own boss or starting their own business. Oftentimes to get out of an unfulfilling job or to get away from a bad boss. What should people think about before making a career change?
- Being an entrepreneur requires many different business skills. But what about internal factors such as perseverance, confidence, and being able to remain calm and focused when things aren’t going as you planned? Can those skills be “learned” or how do you get better at them?
- If you go into business for yourself you will undoubtedly be interacting with other people in ways you likely haven’t before. What are a few key things to keep in mind when working with other people?
- How can we stay on track and disciplined as we shift into a new career or take on new challenges?
- Making a change in our lives should be about more than just getting a new job or changing our daily routine. How can we ensure that our changes will also help us achieve our goals and be fulfilling in the long run?
Beverly D. Flaxington, two-time bestselling and Gold-award winning author, is an international speaker, an accomplished consultant, hypnotherapist, personal and career coach, bestselling author, college professor, corporate trainer, facilitator, behavioral expert, entrepreneur and business development expert.
Beverly’s knowledge of human behavior and the most effective ways to make change happen have helped thousands of people and hundreds of organizations over the years. In addition to being a coach on changing human behavior she is recognized as a confidence coach and work relationship “doctor” by many.
Bev has created a number of proprietary, successful approaches to changing human behavior and helping companies reach higher levels of excellence including the Sales Effectiveness Model, the S.H.I.F.T. Model (TM), and the Five Secrets to Successful Selling (TM).
She is a frequent speaker and contributor to articles on the subjects of sales, marketing, behavioral issues, employee and career issues, effective time management and dealing with difficult people.
Beverly is an adjunct professor at Suffolk University. She teaches “Leadership and Social Responsibility”, a required course where Make the SHIFT is a required text. Beverly is a Certified Hypnotist, Certified Hypnosis Trainer, Reiki Master Attunement Practitioner, Certified Professional Behavioral Analyst (CPBA) and Certified Professional Values Analyst (CPVA). She uses the DISC and PIAV tools frequently in her work with individuals and organizations.
Bev co-founded The Collaborative in 1995, a sales and marketing consultancy. The firm provides strategic and tactical support to help client firms, and individuals, reach higher levels of effectiveness and meet their goals. The Collaborative specializes in delivering effective coaching, training and proprietary consulting services. In 2008, the firm launched a new online portal, AdvisorsTrustedAdvisor.com (ATA) to meet the specific needs of independent investment advisors and wealth managers.
Bev’s books are translated into many languages and used in dozens of colleges and universities throughout the country. She most recently released Self-Talk for a Calmer You, published by Adams Media. She is the author of the bestselling and Gold-award winning Understanding Other People: The Five Secrets to Human Behavior. She authored a companion book, 30 Days to Understanding Other People: A Daily Guide to Improving Relationships. She authored the bestselling Make Your Shift: The Five Most Powerful Moves You Can Make to Get Where YOU Want to Go. The business companion is Make the Shift: The Proven Five-Step Plan to Success for Corporate Teams. She also authored The 7 Steps to Effective Business Building for Financial Advisors: How top earning advisors attract and retain the most profitable clients and the companion Workbook for this program. The 7 Steps program was selected by the Financial Planning Association and is available in their online store at a member discount.
[box_blue]Note: If you would like to listen to a podcast right away you can hear a sample by clicking on the “play” button on our podcasts page. If you would like to play our EPN – Entrepreneur Podcast Network programming later or take it on the road, you will first need to subscribe to and download our podcast programming using the subscription software on your computer, such as itunes. Then you will have to transfer the podcast file to your portable media device. We recommend the following subscription software for the best user experience: