What small businesses need to know about HR
Amanda Haddaway, managing director and lead consultant and trainer for HR Answerbox joins Enterprise Radio. HR Answerbox is a boutique consultancy focused on solving the people problems that business owners, executives and managers face on a daily basis.
- Tell us a little bit about how HR Answerbox came to be and why you created this business?
- What are you seeing as the top HR challenges facing small businesses?
- What do you recommend businesses do to prepare for this talent shortage?
- What are the biggest mistakes small businesses make when it comes to HR?
- What services do you offer to help small businesses navigate the complicated landscape of managing employees and staying in compliance with employment laws?
Amanda Haddaway is the managing director and lead consultant and trainer for HR Answerbox, a boutique consultancy focused on solving the people problems that business owners, executives and managers face on a daily basis. Amanda has more than 15 years and 30,000 hours of experience in corporate HR services, which allows her to effectively partner with organizations to help them solve their human resources and employee challenges.
She holds the two highest professional certifications in human resources, SPHR and SHRM-SCP, as well as a Master’s degree from George Washington University and a Bachelor’s degree from James Madison University. She is currently pursuing a Master’s in Jurisprudence (Labor and Employment Law) at Tulane University Law School.
Amanda is a published author of two books and numerous articles. She serves as the deputy director for the MD SHRM State Council and the chairperson for the Frederick County Workforce Development Board. She is an adjunct instructor at Montgomery College and a trainer for the Society for Human Resource Management.