What Businesses Need To Know About Negotiating Their Lease and Picking Their Facility
Craig Melby, Founder of LeaseSmart LLC a company that provides small and medium size businesses with help in finding the best facilities for the business, and negotiate the best terms joins Enterprise Radio.
- So why do companies need your services? Can’t they find space and negotiate leases themselves?
- What is the biggest mistake company owner’s make?
- What else do people need to know to make less mistakes?
- Any negotiating tips you can give us?
Craig Melby, Small Business Real Estate Leasing Expert & Author
For 35 years Craig Melby has helped hundreds of companies acquire the best office space and facilities by negotiating the best price and lease terms. Many small business owners lease space on their own – not realizing the important incentives they could have received from the landlord, and leaving dangerous lease clauses in their commercial real estate leases.
Business is hard enough without picking a bad location or facility, and without becoming hamstrung by inflexible lease terms – you could have done better! Stories abound about companies who tried to do their own real estate deals, to their cost and detriment.
To help them. Craig Melby talks about the 5 contract clauses that expanding companies MUST have in their real estate leases, plus the 6 “standard” clauses all business owners must avoid.
These and many other subjects are vital to companies that want to avoid expensive commercial real estate mistakes, keep more of their profits, and select offices, facilities, and locations that enhance sales and employee acquisition and retention.
- $50,000 in reduced rent for a pair of doctors because Craig Melby showed up.
- $3 million in extra profits to a business because of one simple lease clause.
- Building flexibility into a lease that will allow you to grow or contract more easily.
- Any business owner will find this information extremely valuable.
Book Craig Melby, Small Business Real Estate Leasing Expert & Author
- How to negotiate the best lease terms for your office or facility.
- How to reduce or eliminate personal risk when signing a real estate lease.
- How to negotiate the best prices on commercial real estate.
- How to select the best location, and find off-market properties.
- How to BREAK a lease if you have to.
Craig Melby Guest Expert Interview Credentials
- 35 years of experience.
- Board Member of the world’s largest “Tenant-Rep” organization.
- Author of site selection book Site Rite, and numerous articles.
- Performs the podcast: Corporate Real Estate Podcast.
- Achieved the industry’s two highest designations: Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR) & Certified Commercial Investment Member ( CCIM).