WeStock Puts the Shopper in Control of their Retail Experience
Cameron McCarthy, the CEO and Co-founder of WeStock, a Techstars backed company that makes it easy for shoppers to vote for products they want to see in stores joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Cameron McCarthy discuss the following:
- Tell me about your background?
- What is WeStock and who is the business intended to help CPG brands, consumer or Both?
- You pioneered a concept/platform call Crowdstocking – what is that and how does this work?
- Walk us through what WeStock and the Crowdstocking platform offers CPG Brands and consumers?
- How did you come to know this was an important tool for CPG companies to get brands on shelves? And for Consumers to find the brands?
- Is anyone else doing Crowdstocking?
- What is next for WeStock?
- Who are some of your current clients?
- What advice would you give someone looking to launch a company – know the space; have passion and experience or all of the above?
Cameron McCarthy is currently the CEO and Co-founder of WeStock. A Techstars backed company that makes it easy for shoppers to vote for products they want to see in stores. The company has continued to grow since launching in 2019 and now has over 400 brands and 70,000 shoppers using the platform. They are now rolling out into retail, putting together product sets that are fully curated by the shoppers in the area. This process is called crowdstocking and the company plans to be in five regions by the end of the year.
Cameron was previously the sales director for Delighted By Hummus, where he grew the brand to over 7,000 retail locations including Target, Costco, and Aldi. Cameron has worked both on the distribution and brand side prior to starting WeStock, accounting for over $50M in retail sales.
Cameron has a deep passion for emerging brands and what the future of retail will look like which he discusses weekly on The Shelf-Made Podcast.
People also listened to this: Where to Buy Announces Launch of CPG Store Locator Software