Tips to Make Work More Effective and Fulfilling, Both Now and in Normal Times
Thalma E. Lobel, an internationally recognized psychologist and expert on human behavior and author of “Whatever Works: The Small Cues That Make a Surprising Difference in Our Success at Work—and How to Create a Happier Office” joins Enterprise Radio.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is working in conjunction with the Author Channel.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Thalma E. Lobel discuss the following:
- What inspired you to write this book?
- How this book is different from other self-help books about work and success?
- How can environmental factors like room temperature, light and windows influence our performance in ways that we might not be aware of?
- What is the influence of nature on our performance and well being?
- What is the influence of smartphones on our performance?
- Many of us are working virtually now. Are there any special considerations that we need to make when applying the principles from the book to our work at home life?
- What are the tips you can give that will help us in job interview or in negotiations, both face to face and virtual?
Thalma E. Lobel is an internationally recognized psychologist and expert on human behavior. A former chair at the School of Psychological Sciences at Tel Aviv University and director of the Adler Center for Child Development and Psychotherapy, she has been a visiting professor at Harvard University and a visiting scholar at Tufts University, the University of California at San Diego, and New York University.
Her previous book, Sensation: The New Science of Physical Intelligence, was published in 15 countries. Lobel is a sought after speaker who regularly keynotes events in top research institutions and corporations around the world. She has led workshops in banks, design firms, and more, and has been a repeat speaker at the world-renowned City of Idea help in Mexico with Nobel Prize winners, Oscar nominees, and best-selling authors. Her new book is Whatever Works: The Small Cues That Make a Surprising Difference in Our Success at Work—and How to Create a Happier Office (BenBella Books; July 2020).
People also listened to this: Harnessing Introvert Power in Your Organization