The Story of U.S. Business Is the Story of Real Estate
Richard Vague, who serves as Pennsylvania Banking and Securities Secretary and author of his new book An Illustrated Business History of the United States joins Enterprise Radio.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is in association with the Author Channel.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Richard Vague discuss the following:
- What has the role of government been in business through time?
- What has been the role of banks in business through time?
- People think financialization is a recent phenomenon it is not.
- How does real estate figure into U.S. history?
- Has anything fundamentally changed about business?
- What’s the future of business?
Richard Vague serves as Pennsylvania Banking and Securities Secretary. Prior to his 2020 appointment, he was managing partner of Gabriel Investments and chair of The Governor’s Woods Foundation, a nonprofit philanthropic organization. Previously, he was co-founder, chairman and CEO of Energy Plus, an electricity and natural gas company. Vague was also co-founder and CEO of two banks and founder of the economic data service Tychos. His new book is An Illustrated Business History of the United States (University of Pennsylvania Press, May 21, 2021).
People also listened to this: As Workers Return to the Office, Leaders Need to Make FUN a Priority