Alan David Cohen, Partner and Creative Director at Design House, an internationally recognized interior design firm that specializes in high-end interiors as well as custom architectural details joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Alan David Cohen discuss the following:
- Tell me a little bit about your background and how you became an established name in the design industry.
- What made you decide to merge your company with your step-daughter’s?
- What advice do you have for other families looking to work together successfully, while still prioritizing their personal relationships?
- What differentiates Design House from some of the other design firms out there?
- Design House has serviced some of the world’s most sought-after clients and has overall seen great success. What’s your secret to a thriving design practice?
- What is the best advice you can give some of our listeners who are trying to make it in the same industry?
Alan David Cohen is Design House’s inspired, and inspiring, Creative Director. His work and career are a testament to creative manifestation. Very much a designer’s designer, his ability to reproduce the images from his imagination and his deep understanding of special planning have catapulted him to success as an interior designer, furniture designer, and craftsman.
Born in Boston, Cohen found his passion with the encouragement of his high school art teacher. With training in everything from drawing to metal work, he launched a career as a furniture manufacturer. But, it is the skill that he developed over many years of running his own businesses, first an interior design firm then a custom millwork company focusing on the cruise-line industry, that has come to define Cohen’s talent – the ability to satisfy the creative needs of his clients.
Through a combination of intuition, talent, hard work, and experience, Cohen and his business partner, stepdaughter Janine, have created a full-service luxury interior design house unlike any other in the country. Currently, Design House has four of the most important interior design projects in the US.
Cohen’s passion and attention to detail also apply to his time away from business. When he is not at DH, he enjoys time with his grandchildren, traveling, skiing, and drawing.
People also listened to this: How OneClickAdvisor makes an entrepreneur’s life easier