Michael Ginsburg, Owner & lead designer at MG Web Design & Social Media which is an agency that acts as a one-stop-shop solution for small business owners to optimise their online presence using an effective website and smart use of social media joins Enterprise Radio.
- Why does every small business owner need their own website and should never rely just on social media for their online presence?
- What are the disadvantages with using free website platforms like Weebly, Wix or Blogger? What platform should business owners use instead?
- What is the importance of having your website display well on various screen sizes and be optimised for people browsing on their mobile devices?
- Is having an email database still important in this day and age of social media? If so, why?
- What features every website must have in 2016 to be effective?
Tip: A website is first and foremost a business tool. As such, the focus should NOT be on making it ‘pretty’ with lots of bells and whistles but rather focus on making it EFFECTIVE in achieving the business goals for each specific business.
A few common examples for business goals:
- Generate leads
- Generate enquiries through phone & email
- Build an email database
- Distribute brochures and sales material
- Sell products and/or services directly from the website
Michael Ginsburg is an experienced web designer, Internet marketer and online entrepreneur. Michael holds a Master’s degree in Information Technology & Information Systems management and has worked in the corporate sector for over a decade. His last role was a senior IT consultant in one of the leading global management consulting firms in the world (KPMG).
During his time in the corporate sector, Michael has worked on projects for some of the biggest listed companies in the world as well as major government department (both in the state and federal level) in Australia.
In 2010, he left the corporate sector to build his own online business. Other than his web design agency, Michael is also the co-founder and ‘Chief Hacker’ at Spending Hacker, a service which helps Australians uncover the best deals on everyday products & services while also becoming more savvy consumers in the process.
Note: Direct your attention to the link below where you can access the checklist mentioned in this interview on 7 features every website must have in 2016: http://michaelginsburg.info/checklist.
The ‘Online Presence Accelerator’ Program is a weekly video course teaching small business owners how to create an effective online presence for their business on their own. Best of all, no prior experience or any technical skills are required.
Social Media Links: