The Harris Law Firm in Miami, serving the community by meeting the needs of individuals and businesses
Robert Harris, a trial attorney who specializes in business litigation, commercial lawsuits, and employment and labor law issues joins Enterprise Radio. He founded Harris Law Firm in Miami to serve the community by meeting the needs of individuals and businesses.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is working in conjunction with the Legal Corner.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Robert Harris discuss the following:
- Explain to our listeners a little bit about your background and how you started your firm.
- What made you want to specialize in business litigation, commercial lawsuits, and employment and labor law?
- What is the most interesting case you’ve seen in the past couple of years?
- How do you believe the recent presidential election will change the world of employment and labor?
- What is the one thing you repeatedly encounter that business owners should be aware of?
- Most lawyers know a lot about the law, and not much about running a business. Any advice you can give to lawyers looking to open their own practice?
Mr. Robert Newton Harris is a trial attorney who specializes in business litigation, commercial lawsuits, and employment and labor law issues. A professional Miami attorney of 20 years, Harris represents both plaintiffs and defendants at the state and federal level.
After graduating from the University of Miami’s Law School, he founded Harris Law Firm to serve the community by meeting the needs of individuals and businesses. He considers his mentor, the late William “Bill” J. Brown, to be one of the most principled and talented lawyers he has ever known. The two met 15 years ago and forged a strong working relationship which quickly turned into a solidified friendship. They often partnered on cases until Brown passed in 2015. Harris honored his mentor by establishing the legal offices of William J. Brown Legacy Center, the new home of Harris Law Firm. Robert says he strives to give the best legal advice to those seeking counsel for workplace discrimination, civil rights violations, breach of contract, business fraud, fiduciary/agency disputes, business torts and other commercial matters. He is proud of his successful work representing plaintiffs and defendants, especially complex insurance and reinsurance litigation involving international parties with cases involving Lloyd’s of London Syndicates and brokers.
Mr. Harris is passionate about being a lawyer and believes in the value of forging strong relationships with clients in order to achieve a positive outcome. Robert Harris has won major judgments in favor of his clients, specifically those involving claims of discrimination, retaliation, and harassment in the workplace. He is highly competent in the areas of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and the Civil Rights Act of 1964.