The biggest mistake, when it comes to retirement planning
Scott Pollack, Founder and CEO of Pollack Financial Group, whose goal is to empower clients to make better and more informed decisions joins Enterprise Radio.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is working in association with the Retirement Channel.
- In your opinion, what is the biggest mistake people make when it comes to their retirement planning? And why do they need it?
- Let’s face it most people don’t have millions or even much extra to put aside. How can you help?
- Why are you an advisor and why did you choose this field of work?
- What other services do you provide?
- You offer a very personal approach for your clients with some pretty great tools. “People are very cost conscious as we know. What would you advise as the most effective, bang for your buck “pricing” model?”
- How do people know if their financial advisor has a clean regulatory record?
Scott Pollack is the founder and managing partner of Pollack Financial Group LLC, a wealth management firm that has been serving the Montclair community since 2005. He is a registered principal of LPL Financial, the nation’s top-ranked independent broker/dealer.* He is licensed in New Jersey for life and health insurance services. Among his securities registrations currently held with LPL Financial are the Series 6, Series 7, Series 24 and Series 63, from the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
Mr. Pollack earned the Accredited Asset Management Specialist (AAMS) designation awarded by the College for Financial Planning, having completed the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM curriculum. He also earned the designation of Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy (CAP®) from The American College. He graduated from Connecticut College with a Bachelor of Arts degree.
He is currently a member of the Financial Planning Association and The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy comprised of a network of professional advisors who are devoted to mentoring local high schools by providing internship opportunities and scholarships.
Prior to opening his firm, Mr. Pollack worked in the financial services industry as a retirement counselor with TIAA-CREF, a financial consultant with Merrill Lynch, and an analyst with The Equitable Life Assurance Society.
Active in the community, Mr. Pollack has previously served in leadership positions of numerous charitable organizations dedicated to his hometown, the arts, health and children’s services:
- Montclair Public Library Foundation – Trustee
- New Jersey Planned Giving Association – Member
- Montclair Lions Club – President 2006-2008
- Montclair Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) – Board Member
- Montclair Volunteer Ambulance Unit (MVAU) – Chair of Fundraising Committee
- Circle of Life Children’s Center, Inc. – Fundraiser
- Bnai Keshet Reconstructionist Synagogue – Finance Committee
- Schola Cantorum on Hudson – Board Member
*As reported by the Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2016 based on total revenue.
Advisory and financial planning services offered through LPL Financial, a Registered Investment Advisor.
Our LPL financial advisors look forward to the opportunity of working with you.
People also listened to this: Preparing for the Costs of Health Care in Retirement