Telemedicine Entrepreneur Speaks on The Future of Medicine
Dr. Segun Ishmael, Midwest ER Doctor and Founder of Besafemeds, the online STD treatment service that allows patients to get medical attention in 3 easy steps without visiting a doctor office joins Enterprise Radio to discuss the future of medicine.
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guest Dr. Segun Ishmael discuss the following:
- Dr. Ishmael, tell us about your background?
- Tell us a little more about your new web app – Besafemeds?
- You have been in the medical field for over 20 years, what made you want to switch gears in get involved in the tech industry?
- What inspired you to create a new medical app geared around STI’s?
- What challenges do you see in the future surrounding telemedicine?
- As a tech founder, what advice would you give to those trying to break into the field of technology?
Dr. O Ishmael, the CEO/Founder of Besafemeds has over 20 years of healthcare experience. He has served in academic, hospital and insurance settings. He has been residency faculty, hospital department chair (FM and EM), and co-chair of hospital quality improvement. He has served as medical director, vice president medical affairs, and as an interim plan president for multiple national health plans/insurers. He has worked as a family physician (covering everything from deliveries to geriatric care), urgent care and emergency department physician (from inner city high volume to lower volume rural EDs.)
His education includes medical education (University of Ibadan, Nigeria), residency training in family medicine (Gary, IN), academic fellowship (UNC Chapel Hill, NC) and MBA (Purdue, IN). He single handedly built his residency program’s first website in 1997.