Taking a Leap: Starting a Company Before 30
Josh Walter, the Co-Founder and CEO of BrandJump, a Los Angeles-based ecommerce sales and marketing company, focused on bringing customized online strategies to manufacturers in the home furnishings space joins eCommerce Radio. Founded in 2011, BrandJump’s team brings a rare blend of seasoned home furnishings experience with deep ecommerce knowledge to its client base.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Josh Walter discuss the following:
- Tell us a little about BrandJump, and the unique services you provide to the home furnishings category.
- You were 29 years old when you co-founded BrandJump. Tell us about your journey that led you to that point.
- Most companies are started by executives who have been in the professional realm for 5-10 years. Tell us what was challenging about being a young entrepreneur?
- What did you see was missing in the ecommerce space for home furnishings companies that made you want to start BrandJump?
- You talked about building a team with category expertise. Tell us how this has been critical to BrandJump’s success?
Josh Walter is the CEO of BrandJump. Josh’s role is to create and execute the vision and strategy of the company. He is charged with driving the business of BrandJump’s clients, leading on the development of new client acquisition and ensuring the strength of the BrandJump team continues to thrive.
In 2000, Josh attended the University of Iowa for his undergraduate degree. After four cold winters in Iowa City, he returned to his roots in Southern California in 2004 to pursue his JD/MBA at Pepperdine University. During his four years at Pepperdine, he decided that rather than practicing law, he very much wanted to find an owner/operated business to learn and grow with. After becoming a member of the California Bar in 2008, he worked with his now business partner for a year and a half in his partner’s 30-year old decorative lighting agency, and ultimately discovered BrandJump together.
Born and raised in Los Angeles, CA, Josh takes great pleasure in the beach living his hometown has to offer, residing in Marina Del Rey, CA. During the winter, he very much enjoys driving up to the mountains for snowboarding and R & R.
People also listened to this: Product incubator supporting retailers within the Shopify ecosystem