Authors, Business Consultants, Enterprise Radio, EPN News
Steps to Making Better Business Decisions
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 21:14 — 29.5MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
Dr. Gleb Tsipursky, a cognitive neuroscientist and expert on behavioral economics and decision making & author of his new book: “Never Go With Your Gut: How Pioneering Leaders Make the Best Decisions and Avoid Business Disasters” joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Dr. Gleb Tsipursky discuss the following:
- What Inspired you to write this book?
- How did your own background and experience lead to creating this approach to decision-making?
- Why do you say that should you never go with your gut in business decisions?
- Can you mention some recent business disasters in the news that will likely haunt the company for years?
- Are there any times in business decisions when it’s entirely right to go with your gut?
- You write that traditional business strategic planning assessments such as SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) and others are false comforts. Why?
- But some of history’s most notable CEOs are famed for having great instincts — Henry Ford, Jack Welch, Jeff Bezos. Is it just a myth that they went on their gut?
- What are cognitive biases — and how far-reaching are their influence in making business decisions?
- How can you tell to which cognitive biases you are most vulnerable?
Dr. Gleb Tsipursky is a cognitive neuroscientist and expert on behavioral economics and decision making. As CEO of Disaster Avoidance Experts, he spent over two decades consulting, coaching, speaking and training hundreds of clients across North America, Europe, and Australia, including Aflac, IBM, Honda, Wells Fargo, and the World Wildlife Fund.
With over 15 years in academia, including 7 as a professor at Ohio State University, he published dozens of peer-reviewed pieces in academic journals such as Behavior and Social Issues and the Journal of Social and Political Psychology. His thought leadership is featured in Fast Company, CBS News, Time, CNBC, Inc Magazine, and elsewhere. He has authored the bestselling The Truth-Seeker’s Handbook. His new book is Never Go With Your Gut: How Pioneering Leaders Make the Best Decisions and Avoid Business Disasters. He lives in Columbus, Ohio.
Social Media Links:
People also listened to this: What is Robotic Process Automation (RPA) & How It Can Help You Outsmart Your Competition