Enterprise Radio, EPN News, Exclusive Interviews, Health Care Industry, Start Up Companies, Technology
Smartstones: Communicate by Touch
Andreas Forsland, CEO and Founder at Smartstones, Inc. and developer of the revolutionary wearable tech device called Smartstones® Touch that allows people to express themselves and communicate through touch and gesture joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Andreas Forsland discuss the following:
- Please tell our listeners a little bit about Smartstones® Touch. How different is it compared to other wearable technologies?
- What inspired you to create this technology? How did your background in technology help you develop the concept of Smartstones?
- Given your personal experience and how it helped you develop Smartstones, how will Smartstones Touch help families and the care giving industry stay connected? I mean, the industry is huge! I’ve seen statistics that say more than 65 million people in the U.S. provide care for a chronically ill, disabled or aged family member.
- Apart from seniors and people with disabilities, how else can Smartstones be used by our listeners?
- When will Smartstones Touch be available for purchase?
A former exec and brand manager at Citrix®, Andreas was inspired to develop Smartstones after caring for his ailing mother who was struggling to survive in an ICU for 7 weeks—unable to move or talk.
In 2013 Andreas presented his idea at the 2013 Startup Weekend in Santa Barbara where it won Best Physical Product and Most Crowdfundable. In 2014 Smartstones, Inc. was selected to join the highly competitive Aging2.0 Academy, a program partnered with Google for Entrepreneurs (GFE) that is designed to accelerate the top startups in aging and long-term care.
Most recently, Smartstones Inc. is moving from the design phase into large scale production and has launched its crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo.