Smart Building with Timothy Pickett of EncompassAV
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Tim Pickett discuss the following:
- Briefly describe the evolution of EncompassAV and why you are an expert in your field.
- Can you speak to some of the trends that directly impact your client base and how Encompass is taking the lead?
- With technology evolving how do you recommend your clients to stay current with their systems?
- Tell us what is coming and what people need to look out for and consider modifying in their spaces?
- Please describe PoE and why its technology has had such a profound impact on your client base.
Timothy Pickett graduated from Columbia College Chicago with a major in Architectural Acoustics in 2000. He started Sound & Lighting Designs a year before graduation in 1999. In 2013 as the business grew SLD became Encompass Audio Visual, in order to incorporate all the technologies and services the company provided. Encompass (SLD) started working for Gibson’s Restaurant Group in 2008, with the first complete and new build out for the company in 2010 at their Oakbrook location.
Timothy / Encompass gained University of Chicago as a client also that year doing build outs of many classrooms for them at the Harris School of Public Policy. In 2016, Hickory Street Capital, (the investment arm of the Rickets family, also owner of the Chicago Cubs) hired Encompass to do a total of seven projects for them for all the new construction around Wrigleyville. This included the Four Corners Group Venture, Brickhouse Tavern, also the HSC owned Hotel Zachary and Mordecai restaurant, and the Boka collaboration Dutch and Doc’s. In 2017 Encompass completed the audio-visuals system for Gibson’s Italia, a premier restaurant Encompass’s current projects include Nobu Hotel in River West and the new Essex Hotel opening in 2019 on Michigan Ave.
People also listened to this: The world’s leading event focused on emerging electronic display and visual information technologies