Pushing college admissions through a digital transformation
Vielka Hoy, CEO of Vielka Hoy Consulting and Bridge To College, specializing in working with underserved communities to help students identify, get accepted and thrive at the college that best suits their needs joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Vielka Hoy discuss the following:
- What does Vielka Hoy Consulting to and specialize in?
- How did you start working on Bridge to College?
- How is this impacting the education industry? Where do you see it will make the most difference?
- What has the process of developing a startup while you’re running a business been like?
- How did you build the framework for the build to college App and how did you get development started? Essentially, when building an app like this, where do you start?
Vielka Hoy has been in education for over twenty years as a middle and high school teacher and university instructor both in the United States and abroad, and at public and private institutions. She earned a BS in Social Studies Education from New York University and MA in Afro-American Studies from UCLA, and most of her doctorate at UC Berkeley in African Diaspora Studies.
Vielka also founded Bridge to College Inc, a company that uses a web app and machine learning to match students to colleges that will graduate them on-time and fund them. She also works as a program associate and specialist in educational technologies at the Graduate School of Education at Stanford University. Vielka is passionate about ensuring underserved students gain access to quality education.
People also listened to this: Tell your brand story better with video