Preparing for the Unexpected: Build a Foundation for Better Decisions
Helen Yu, Founder and CEO of TigonAdvisory that drives growth for tech companies from start-ups to global titans like Oracle and Adobe, and helps CEOs achieve multi-billion-dollar revenue growth and record profitability joins Enterprise Radio. Her new book is: Ascend Your Start-up: Conquer the 5 Disconnects to Accelerate Growth.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Helen Yu discuss the following:
- What prompted you to write “Ascend Your Start-Up: Conquer the 5 Disconnects to Accelerate Growth”?
- In your book you talk about the effort involved in climbing a mountain — and the task you were given by your grandmother that inspired you to rise to the challenge. Do you think that sense of purpose is vital for start-ups?
- Is there a certain kind of person that is tailor made in terms of drive and temperament for running a start-up, and conversely, are there people who should never do it?
- How do you get people to work harder at conceiving of their brand at the beginning of a start-up, and why is that important?
- Why is the transition from idea to product such a dangerous crossroads for start-ups, and how can they navigate it successfully?
- Another tricky juncture for so many start-ups is knowing how to scale. What’s your advice for successfully making the shift?
- In your book, you divide the journey of a start-up into “camps.” Can you talk about how your experience on that climb in 2007 inspired you to think this way?
- Among the many buzzwords we hear today is “customer-centric” — which is easier said than done. But if it’s more than a buzzword, why is it so important, and how can start-ups really be customer-centric?
- How can start-ups find investors who really believe in their vision and will support it?
- Can you talk about some of your most memorable clients and where they are today?
- What advice would you give start-up founders right now, in this business climate? Are things different than they were ten years ago, and is it harder, or easier, to found a new company and get out there?
Helen Yu is the Founder and CEO of TigonAdvisory. She drives growth for tech companies from start-ups to global titans like Oracle and Adobe, and helps CEOs achieve multi-billion-dollar revenue growth and record profitability. She’s a board advisor to fast-growth SaaS companies and is on the board of the Global Cybersecurity Association.
She’s a top Twitter influencer with a 10M+ weekly reach and was ranked a Top 10 thought leader by Thinkers 360, and a top 10 digital transformation influencer by IBM. She’s spoken at SXSW, TiECon, DMS, and Money2020.
An avid adventurer who trekked to Mt. Everest base camp and ice climbed glaciers, her new book is Ascend Your Start-up: Conquer the 5 Disconnects to Accelerate Growth.
People also listened to this: Understanding Branding: Five Reasons Why Your Brand is Your Biggest Asset