Passion for Excellence without a Plan
Jim Berlin, Founder & CEO at Logistics Plus Incorporated that has become a leading worldwide provider of transportation, logistics and supply chain solutions joins Enterprise Radio to discuss their 20 years of success.
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guest Jim Berlin discuss the following:
- What gave you the inspiration or motivation to start your own business back in 1996?
- What hard lessons did you learn along the way?
- How have you been able to sustain and build upon your successes over the years?
- What’s different, if anything, in terms of how your run your business today versus 20 years ago?
- What new things are happening with your business that excite you for the year’s to come?
- What advice would you give to new entrepreneurs just getting started with their own businesses that might hope to enjoy 20 years of their own successes?
After a 20 year career in the less-than-truckload (LTL) industry, the majority of that time spent at TNT/USF Red Star, Jim founded Logistics Plus in 1996 with only three employees, one customer and $120,000 in annual revenue. Though he is a New York City native, since relocating to Erie, Jim has invested in the Erie community’s economic development with renovations of an 80-year-old former train station as the company’s global headquarters, and the company actively participates in a number of civic initiatives.
In addition to many company awards, Jim has been honored as a “Most Admired CEO” by the Manufacturer and Business Association (MBA) and Ernst & Young (EY) recognized Jim as Western Pennsylvania’s “Entrepreneur of the Year” in 2004. In 2005 he was named to the lifelong EY Entrepreneur of the Year World Hall of Fame. In addition to his company and community activities, Jim is also a member of the Business Advisory Council for the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.