Orren Pickell Building Group, the Midwest’s premier design/build firm
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guest Lisa Pickell discuss the following:
- Are people building and remodeling? Is it safe to say we have bounced back?
- What is design/build? How does that differ from a traditional builder and why would people want to work with a design/build firm?
- What should people consider before starting a building or renovation project?
- What surprises can arise during construction?
- Knowing that resale is always in the back of people’s minds, Where should they splurge during a building or renovation project and where should they save?
- What are some of the luxe splurges you have seen recently? Any new hot trends that people are asking for in their homes?
- What is one tip your can offer people who are looking to build or remodel?
Lisa Pickell joined Orren Pickell in September of 2004 as Division Manager of our Remodeling Group after graduating from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio with a business degree in marketing and a minor in art and architectural history. Her previous experience with a high-end design-build firm in Ohio provided new ideas and unique insights, and she is committed to continuing the tradition of excellence throughout the company.
Lisa’s involvement in many local trade organizations including the Homebuilders Association of Greater Chicago and the National Association of Homebuilders culminated in her achieving the Remodeler of the Year honor, bestowed by the HBAGC in 2009. Lisa’s natural leadership skills, client-focused approach and her encompassing knowledge of the company’s processes led Orren to appoint her as Chief Operating Officer in 2010. Lisa currently oversees every aspect of the daily operations with a focus on managing the Purchasing Department to ensure the timeliness, consistency and validity of every bid.
[box_blue]Note: If you would like to listen to a podcast right away you can hear a sample by clicking on the “play” button on our podcasts page. If you would like to play our EPN – Entrepreneur Podcast Network programming later or take it on the road, you will first need to subscribe to and download our podcast programming using the subscription software on your computer, such as itunes. Then you will have to transfer the podcast file to your portable media device. We recommend the following subscription software for the best user experience: