Learn Your Customer’s World with Dana A. Oliver
Dana A. Oliver, the Senior Director of Research & Development at Medtronic and Author of the book Mantra Design joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guest Dana A. Oliver discuss the following:
- Please tell us why leadership is so important to either a business or innovation company?
- How can a firm “introduce premium priced, patent protected, market share leading products,” effectively after reading your book?
- What are your best practices or business recommendations to our listeners?
- Is Mantra Design specific to the medical device sector or is relevant to any industry?
- What’s your perspective on smaller versus larger innovation companies?
Summary: It begins and ends with customers. If I could provide my single best advice, it is by referencing the two following mantras; “Learn Your Customer’s World” and “Innovation Begins with the Eye!”
Dana A. Oliver is a graduate of Northeastern University and ITT Technical Institute. He has approximately 30 years of experience in the field of medical devices, working for such companies as Medtronic, Genzyme, SIMS Level 1, Kirwan Surgical, and Strichman Medical. He has applied for over 30 patent applications and has been granted over 20 US patents to date.
Dana published his first business guide book “Mantra Leadership – Don’t Become the Emperor with No Clothes!” in January 2015. His second book Mantra Design – Innovate, Buy or Die! was published in October 2015.
Dana plans to become an independent Consultant and Educator in calendar year 2016 offering expertise in Innovation Leadership. He lives in Jacksonville, FL with his wife Linda and daughter “Lexi” Alexandra.