Authors, Business Consultants, Enterprise Radio, EPN News, Exclusive Interviews, Leadership
Leading in a Diverse and Conflicted World: Crucial Lessons for the 21st Century with Dr. John P. Fernandez
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 14:33 — 13.3MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
Dr. John P. Fernandez, the president of ARMC Global, a full-service human resources consulting firm, and author of the new book “Leading in a Diverse and Conflicted World: Crucial Lessons for the 21st Century” joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Dr. John P. Fernandez discuss the following:
- You say that recent books on leadership have failed to address a few key issues. Why have they fallen short to adequately address the challenges facing today’s leaders?
- Humans naturally have implicit and explicit biases and stereotypes. What are some strategies for minimizing them and what in particular do leaders needs to be aware of when confronting biases?
- What can leaders do to identify their own strengths and weaknesses and how does that benefit the entire organization?
- Do we expect too much from our leaders? Where are some areas where they are naturally inclined to come up short?
- What are the new models of leadership you advocate for in the book? What are some of the crucial leadership skills that leaders of all businesses (big or small) need to grow?
Dr. John P. Fernandez received his B.A. magna cum laude from Harvard University and his Ph.D. from the University of California–Berkeley. A leader with AT&T for fifteen years, Dr. Fernandez held division-level managerial positions in operations, labor relations, and human resources. He is the president of ARMC Global, a full-service human resources consulting firm he founded in 1983. John taught at Yale University, University of Pennsylvania, New York University, and Antioch University. He is the author of nine cutting-edge books related to diversity, leadership, team building, competitiveness in a global marketplace, childcare, and elder care.
Web Site: www.armcglobal.com