Leadership in Rough Seas with Ship Captain Chiranjeev Swain
Master Mariner, Chiranjeev Swain, Senior Manager at Hafnia, a member of the BW Group; Leading workplace and safety culture industry leader joins Enterprise Radio. Hafnia is the world-leading product tanker company and transports hydrocarbons safely and sustainably around the world.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Chiranjeev Swain discuss the following:
- Tell me about your passion(s).
- What drove you to first become a ship captain?
- Every industry and business is being disrupted today. How did you prepare yourself to transition from ‘a ship captain’ to a senior executive leader in the shipping industry with an entrepreneurial approach?
- If you had your chance what would you do differently?
- For someone first starting out with a new concept or idea, what is the best advice you can give?
- How important are mentors / coaches in your business and personal development growth?
Chiranjeev Swain, Master Mariner, is Senior Manager at Hafnia, a member of the BW Group. In his current role, he is leading the workplace and safety culture, driving risk management, quality management, environmental management and contributes to the sustainability action plan for the organization.
Before Hafnia (formerly, BW Maritime), he held the position of a Marine Assurance Manager at Maersk Tankers in Singapore, and a Lecturer & Trainer at the Fleetwood Nautical Campus in the UK after 12 years at sea serving as a Senior Deck Officer prior moving ashore.
He has also been nominated for the Governor’s Award for Excellence in Learning and Teaching and currently participating in an international business program at The University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
People also listened to this: Suzy Enables Brands to Access Real-Time Insights