Launching and leading an independent, inclusive music model
Rebecca Webb, Founder of the nonprofit PORTLAND RADIO PROJECT and social impact advocate for community-focused radio supporting local musicians, non-profits and small business joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Rebecca Webb discuss the following:
- What inspired you to launch a digital, community-based radio station?
- What is your background? Are you a media or music expert, or something else?
- Is PRP a “lone light in the night sky” or do you see a growing demand for community-based music?
- What has been the most encouraging – and discouraging – parts of your mission?
- Do you have advice for entrepreneurs seeking to create a music-based enterprise?
Rebecca Webb, an award-winning news reporter for radio and TV in Eugene, Portland and Seattle for 30+ years, Rebecca Webb became concerned about the impact of media ownership concentration on local coverage. She studied its impact for her master’s thesis at Portland State University and subsequently helped found the nonprofit Portland Radio Project PRP.fm, closely linked to the community, giving voice to local musicians, nonprofits and small businesses. Broadcasting locally at 99.1 FM, the station streams online 24/7.
People also listened to this: Entrepreneur Cathryn Lavery On What Sets BestSelf Co. Apart From The Rest