It’s Time to Move the Needle to Make Workplace Diversity Meaningful
Michelle Silverthorn, a recognized organizational diversity expert and speaker and author of her new book, “Authentic Diversity: How to Change the Workplace for Good” joins Enterprise Radio.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is in association with the Author Channel.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Michelle Silverthorn discuss the following:
- What inspired you to write this book?
- Why do you think organizations keep failing at diversity?
- What does the “Authentic” part of Authentic Diversity mean?
- How have the protests changed how organizations are thinking about diversity?
- What three actions would you like organizations to take that can improve the retention of BIPOC professionals?
- People often say anti-racism trainings and diversity trainings don’t work. What do you say in response to that?
Michelle Silverthorn is Founder and CEO of Inclusion Nation, that works with Fortune 500 companies, tech start-ups, nonprofits and universities to design authentic, inclusive spaces for success. A recognized organizational diversity expert and speaker, she has written extensively on the topic. She is a TEDx speaker, and author of the new book, Authentic Diversity: How to Change the Workplace for Good (CRC Press, Sept. 9, 2020).
People also listened to this: Visibility Strategies that get you recognized and rewarded in any organization