Investing internationally with Marty Leclerc of Barrack Yard Advisors
Marty Leclerc who is the Portfolio Manager at Barrack Yard, which offers advisory services through Coastal Investment Advisors, a Registered Investment Advisor joins Enterprise Radio. The Barrack Yard Core International Portfolio is marketed at Covestor, an online marketplace that offers unique investment strategies. Clients get a secure, separately managed account in their own name, complete transparency and no hidden fees.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Marty Leclerc discuss the following:
- Why would you want to invest internationally now, instead of primarily in the U.S.? Keep in mind, the S&P 500 has outperformed the MSCI World excluding the U.S. this year. And some might say that the U.S. seems to be the relatively the safer place to invest, compared with a recession-prone Europe and China’s slowing economy. Why not just double down here on the USA?
- Where are there opportunities to own high quality multinational stocks at low prices?
- Where are you finding international growth opportunities?
- There are inherent risks to international stocks, aren’t there? You have to deal with erratic regulation, currency fluctuations and flat-out risker markets don’t you? How do YOU try to avoid that, or at least deal with that?
- Do global markets all tend to move together at this point, or can you still diversify with international stocks?
- How exposed to international stocks are Barrack Yard clients?
- What is special about the international strategy you make available on the Covestor platform?
- What tip could you offer to an investor who already is invested internationally or is thinking about it right now?
Marty Leclerc runs the Core International Portfolio at Covestor.com. He is founder of Barrack Yard, which offers advisory services through Coastal Investment Advisors, a Registered Investment Adviser.
Marty is a 30-year veteran of the investment management business. He began his career at Dean Witter in Washington, D.C. and was based in London for 9 years, focused on the UK, Southern Europe, and the Middle East for Prudential Bache International.
He established that firm in Dubai, UAE. Marty also spent three years at Morgan Stanley & Co., London and served as a Managing Director for Deutsche Bank before establishing Barrack Yard Advisors.
Marty is a graduate of the College of William and Mary in Virginia.
Barrack Yard Advisors is a division of Coastal Investment Advisors.