Insight from a Seasoned Business Attorney
Jay Levy, an AV-rated attorney and member of the Florida Bar since 1976, who focuses his practice on litigation of business and commercial disputes appeals joins Enterprise Radio.
- Please explain to our listeners about your background and how you started your firm.
- What are some of the pros and cons of running your own practice?
- Can you tell us some of the most common issues that you deal with regarding employee/employer relations?
- What has been your most interesting case in the past year?
- As a business attorney, what’s the one thing you repeatedly encounter that entrepreneurs and business owners should be aware of?
A member of the Florida Bar since 1976, AV-rated attorney, Jay M. Levy, focuses his practice on litigation of business and commercial disputes appeals, and is often asked to collaborate by other attorneys in trial matters.
Mr. Levy is Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Appellate Practice since 1992. He is an accomplished litigator, ranked by Chambers USA as one of the top 19 appellate lawyers in the Florida and has been recognized by his fellow lawyers as a Super Lawyer for the past nine consecutive years (2006-2014). With 35+ years of experience, Mr. Levy has successfully represented hundreds of clients in both jury and non-jury trials obtaining large verdicts while always protecting the rights of his clients.
Florida Super Lawyers 2014
Florida Super Lawyers 2013
Florida Super Lawyers 2012
Florida Super Lawyers 2011
Florida Super Lawyers 2010 Florida Super Lawyers 2009 Florida Super Lawyers 2008 Florida Super Lawyers 2007
Best Lawyers in America
Florida Elite Trend
Admitted to Practice
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
District of Columbia Court of Appeals
American Bar Association
Employment Law Section
The Florida Bar
Family Law Section, Business Law Section, Employment Law Section
(Member: Appellate Rules Committee, 1997-2005);
Member Appellate Practice Certification Committeee 2009-2011
University of Miami, J.D., 1976
George Washington University, B.A., 1973