Ignite Social Media with Jim Tobin
Jim Tobin, the founder and president of Ignite Social Media, one of the world’s leading social media marketing agencies joins Enterprise Radio. Ignite Social Media has designed and executed social media marketing programs for many of the world’s largest brands, including Microsoft, Samsung, Chrysler Group, Nike, Disney, E&J Gallo, and Carlson-Rezidor Hotel Group.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Jim Tobin discuss the following:
- The subtitle of your book (“Social Media Marketing in a Post-Facebook World”) raises an interesting prospect. Are we headed toward a time when Facebook will be gone or far less influential?
- You make clear in the book that today’s teens and young adults are drifting away from Facebook toward new channels. And that Facebook’s base is increasingly made up of older users. How can you stay ahead of where your potential consumers are going to be, or, how do you know you’re reaching them?
- You attest that Facebook advertising has failed in part because Facebook doesn’t mean as much to us as Facebook thinks it does, or would like it to. Can you explain why and where Facebook has misjudged its users?
- If your primary goal in using social media is to generate revenue, what factors do you need consider? Are there alternatives to Facebook and Twitter?
- So if Facebook doesn’t work like we think it does and social media is broken where do we begin? What’s the right way to venture into the world of social media marketing when you’re trying raise awareness for your business or product?
Jim Tobin is the founder and president of Ignite Social Media, one of the world’s leading social media marketing agencies. With Jim at the helm, Ignite Social Media has designed and executed social media marketing programs for many of the world’s largest brands, including Microsoft, Samsung, Chrysler Group, Nike, Disney, E&J Gallo, and Carlson-Rezidor Hotel Group.
Jim is the author of the 2008 book, Social Media is a Cocktail Party: Why You Already Know the Rules of Social Media Marketing, which reached the Amazon best seller list for marketing books just three days after launch. This is his second book. Jim is a frequent national and international speaker at social media marketing conferences, including Dreamforce, BlogWorld, Social Fresh East, Expion’s Social Business Summit, Radian6’s Social 2011 and the Internet Summit.
As a former political spokesperson, Jim’s conducted more than 1,000 media interviews, including appearances on CNN, CNBC Power Lunch, the Wall Street Journal, and Fox News Channel. Founded by Jim in 2007 with just two employees, Ignite Social Media has grown rapidly to 120 employees today. Inc. Magazine’s list of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies included Ignite Social Media in both 2012 and 2013.
Jim is a graduate of Duke University, where he began his career in marketing as the Blue Devil mascot. He played Tony the Tiger on TV one night and more recently got in a tank full of 25 large sharks without a cage. Jim survived both experiences and lives in Raleigh with his wife and three daughters.
[box_blue]Note: If you would like to listen to a podcast right away you can hear a sample by clicking on the “play” button on our podcasts page. If you would like to play your podcast later or take it on the road, you will first need to subscribe to and download the podcast using the subscription software on your computer, such as itunes. Then you will have to transfer the podcast file to your portable media device. We recommend the following subscription software for the best user experience: