Jack Phelps, America’s Retirement Coach, President of The Relaxing Retirement Coach & author of the best-selling book The Relaxing Retirement Formula: For the Confidence to Liberate What You’ve Saved and Start Living the Life You’ve Earned joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Jack Phelps discuss the following:
- What are some of the reasons you see for why people choose not to retire, even when they can?
- What are the biggest risks to ones’ retirement savings, and how can you prepare for them?
- How concerned should retirement-aged people be about rising healthcare costs?
- Is having a financial advisor important when you get close to retirement? Why, and how can you ensure the right fit?
- What is your number one tip for people nearing retirement age who want to know if they have enough saved?
Summary: When the day comes to make the switch into retirement, many people let fear and doubt hold them back. There are risks to a financially secure retirement (liability, death, healthcare, and long-term care among them), but if you address and prepare for them they don’t have to interfere with the relaxing retirement you earned.
Jack Phelps left a career with a large financial services firm in order to offer independent advice in the best interests of his members rather than his employer. In the twenty-five years since, he’s become an impassioned advocate and guide for people facing the complex transition from a lifetime of working hard and saving smartly to spending and enjoying what they’ve built. A college athlete, Jack knows the profound difference a great coach can make, and combines a coach’s rigor and gift for explanation with years of education and hands-on experience in finance.
People also listened to this: Consumers need to do their due diligence when selecting a Trusted Advisor