How corporations should deal with the increasing cyber threat
This episode of Enterprise Radio is on association with the Cyber Security Channel.
- What is your background and why do feel it is important to be a journalist and advocate for cybersecurity awareness?
- How should corporations deal with the increasing cyber threat?
- At what point is it reasonable to say “It shouldn’t be up to a corporation to defend itself against world-class foreign intelligence services.”?
- Can the government do more to protect American companies from foreign cyber threats?
- Are there business opportunities in this current escalating cyber threat environment?
Hugh Taylor is a Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) who has written about cybersecurity, compliance and enterprise technology for such clients as Microsoft, IBM, SAP, HPE, Oracle, Google and Advanced Micro Devices. Prior to launching his freelance writing career, he served in executive roles at Microsoft, IBM and several venture-backed technology startups. He has been a lecturer at the University of California, Berkeley’s Law School and Graduate School of Information.
Hugh’s most recent book is Digital Downfall: Technology, Cyberattacks and the End of the American Republic. He earlier books include B2B Technology Marketing, Event-Driven Architecture: How SOA Enables the Real-Time Enterprise, The Joy of SOX: Why Sarbanes Oxley and Service-Oriented Architecture May Be The Best Thing That Ever Happened To You and Understanding Enterprise SOA.
As a speaker, Hugh has delivered presentations at industry conferences such as the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), the Microsoft Business Process Modeling and SOA conference, the HP Technology Forum and IBM Rational DeveloperWorks. He has consulted with dozens of entrepreneurs and crafted business plans that have helped these new ventures get funded.
He earned his AB, Magna Cum Laude from Harvard College in 1988 and his MBA from Harvard Business School in 1992. He lives in Cleveland, Ohio. Prior to working in the technology field, Hugh was a producer of TV movies.
People also listened to this: Gail Doby: Helping Creatives Determine Their Value to Get Paid Their Worth