HNTB’s Corporate Diversity Program that benefits disadvantaged and small businesses
Art Hadnett, who serves as president of HNTB Corporation’s West Division, an employee-owned infrastructure solutions firm serving public and private owners and contractors with more than a century of service joins Enterprise Radio to discuss HNTB’s Corporate Diversity Program.
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guest Art Hadnett discuss the following:
- You have more than three decades of leadership experience with transportation infrastructure, currently serving as West division president for HNTB, an employee-owned infrastructure solutions firms with over a century of service. As a nationally recognized leader, can you tell us about some of your career highlights and high-profile projects?
- Today we are talking about diversity and the importance of national firms helping disadvantaged, minority-owned and small businesses compete for multi-million-dollar transportation and infrastructure contracts. Can you tell us more about HNTB’s Partners Program?
- With HNTB’s corporate diversity program, what are the benefits to disadvantaged and small businesses and how does the firm help these firms grow and succeed?
- Can you share some examples of HNTB’s successful diversity initiatives?
- Clearly there are significant benefits for small businesses from programs like this. What are the benefits to the infrastructure firms?
- How do you measure the impact your program has on the small business community?
Art Hadnett is senior vice president for HNTB and West Division president, based at the firm’s Los Angeles headquarters. He is responsible for leading the operations of the nine-state West Division, including eleven offices and nearly 600 employees, overseeing vital and complex infrastructure programs in rail/transit, tolling and aviation. He possesses more than 30 years of comprehensive leadership experience in infrastructure and transportation gained from high-profile megaprojects.
The HNTB-designed Sixth Street Viaduct over the Los Angeles River between downtown and Boyle Heights is one of the city’s largest infrastructure projects that Hadnett currently oversees, in addition to providing design and engineering for the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Corridor on behalf of the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
In his role, Hadnett leads strategic planning and operations, recruits top talent and builds relationships with thought leaders within the industry across the western region.
Prior to joining HNTB, Hadnett served as vice president and practice leader for another consulting engineering firm’s transportation division, where he was responsible for managing major assignments with the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority, Orange County Transportation Authority, Los Angeles World Airports, Southern California Regional Rail Authority, and Federal Transit Administration.
Throughout his career, Hadnett built deep connections and relationships through his affiliation with professional associations. He represents HNTB in civic- as well as industry-related associations in key leadership roles.
Hadnett’s vast knowledge of industry issues and trends enables him to speak expertly on a wide array of topics, including:
- Bridges and tunneling
- Program management/construction management
- Toll roads, express lanes and priced managed lanes
- Major infrastructure programs
- Public-private partnerships
- Infrastructure funding
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Executive management/leadership
- Team-building for major projects
Specifically, Hadnett can offer insight on the following regional topics:
- 2028 Olympics and Los Angeles’ infrastructure needs – commentary and comparisons
- LAX Expansion
- “Green Builds” for airports
- Sports stadium design
- Linking light rail to strategic hubs
- Major freeway and highway projects, tolling and express lanes
- Bridge and tunnel projects
- SPARK-LA educational program to build awareness in STEM careers
- Cultivating DBE/MBE partnerships
- Management advice/business development
HNTB Corporation is an employee-owned infrastructure solutions firm serving public and private owners and contractors. With more than a century of service, HNTB understands the life cycle of infrastructure and addresses clients’ most complex technical, financial and operational challenges. Professionals nationwide deliver a full range of infrastructure-related services, including award-winning planning, design, program management and construction management.
People also listened to this: Social Entrepreneurism, Media Innovation & More with WeWork Creator Award Winner Cristi Hegranes