Aaron Smith, Founder, CEO and Master Trainer of KX Pilates, an $8m fitness franchise, with Queensland being it’s most recent location joins Enterprise Radio.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is in association with the Franchising Channel.
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guest Aaron Smith discuss the following:
- KX Group is built on, and takes its name from, a Japanese philosophy called the Kaizen Experience. Where did you first discover the KX philosophy?
- In just over 5 years, your business has experienced huge growth. How have you managed to scale the business so quickly?
- What do you look for in potential franchisees?
- Innovation is one of the core business values of KX – how do you continue to innovate in the fitness industry?
- After all the success you have experienced to date, where do you go from here?
As a personal trainer, Aaron Smith built his reputation specialising in strength and conditioning before his search for new training techniques lead him overseas to the celebrity hide-out ski fields of the Park Hyatt Hotel in Beaver Creek Colorado USA. From here he travelled to London, UK where he discovered Dynamic Pilates, and saw an amazing uptake and expansion of this bootcamp style of pilates.
Aaron brought this idea back to Australia and with his own spin on the workout, created the dynamic KX Pilates workout. With the help and support of his amazing team, Aaron’s passion, determination and entrepreneurial flare has helped him drive the business to where it is today.
KX Pilates is a $8m fitness franchise, with the Gold Coast being it’s most recent location. There are now 24 KX Pilates studios spread across the east coast of Australia.
Founder, Aaron Smith strongly believes that anyone can succeed in business if they know what their why is. For Smith it is about having a positive impact on others, which was the motivation for founding the KX Group.