Former Professional Soccer Player turned Manufacturing CEO Talks About Keeping Up With The Speed of Evolving Industries and Winning
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guest Andy Rosenband discuss the following:
- Can you tell us about Morgan Li and how you guys have seen so much growth since its launch in 2009?
- Given Morgan Li’s role in providing fixtures and retail solutions, how are you evolving as brick and mortar stores are continuing to keep up with consumer demand and habits?
- How is Morgan Li moving into new categories and markets? Are you working with brands directly in addition to retailers?
- What makes Morgan Li a differentiator in the manufacturing space? What sets you guys apart?
- I know you played professional soccer for almost a decade before becoming CEO of Morgan Li, can you tell our audience how you have harnessed being a pro athlete into business success?
Andrew Rosenband, CEO and founder of Morgan Li, a Chicagoland-based leading retail, hospitality fixture manufacturing company, began his career when he was drafted his senior year from The Ohio State to play in the Major League Soccer (MLS) for the Dallas Burn. Over the next seven years he played professional soccer for various clubs including his hometown club, the Chicago Fire.
Andrew eventually pivoted to help rebuild and invigorate his family’s former metal fabricating business. It’s what ultimately prompted him to found his own company, Morgan Li.
Andrew founded Morgan Li with an initial group of four employees (himself included) and now has 80 employees who are all provided with, whether they’re in the front office or hourly laborers, high quality health benefits and 401k opportunities.
Andrew’s vision helped him grow Morgan Li from what began as a basic metal store fixtures supplier into an all-inclusive fabricating company that counts Walmart, Gap, Old Navy, The Ritz Carlton among its portfolio of clients. He has grown Morgan Li to one of the most thriving, nimble, innovative fixture manufacturing companies out there. Which is important his customers’ industries are changing at a rapid pace and they look for partners who can bring solutions and keep up with their growth and transitions.
People also listened to this: How to fund your new business the right way