FarmSense, helping farmers simplify pest management
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Dr. Eamonn Keogh discuss the following:
- What is Farmsense?
- This started out as an academic study. When did you realize this could become a business opportunity?
- How is Farmsense disrupting the agriculture industry?
- How can data mining help make farming more sustainable?
- What are some of the challenges you faced in taking your FlightSensor from an academic lab to the field?
- What’s next for FarmSense?
Dr. Eamonn Keogh is Co-Founder of FarmSense and a full professor of computer science at the University of California, Riverside. He is a renowned expert in data mining, machine learning, and information retrieval, Dr. Keogh specializes in techniques for solving similarity and indexing problems in time-series datasets, and is pioneering the field of computational entomology.
He is one of the only three people in the world to have at least 20 papers in each of the top data mining conferences (SIGKDD, ICDM, SDM). He has also published dozens of papers in entomological and biological venues. Dr. Keogh is listed by Microsoft Academic Search one of the top 10 data mining & machine learning researchers.
People also listened to this: Brand transparency, thought leadership & agility in the midst of a pandemic