Event Talk – Episode 5: Best practices for meeting and event planners continued…
Julie Wong, CMP President and Owner of The Event Concierge in Phoenix, AZ joins Event Talk. Julie has worked in the hospitality industry for over 17 years, with a focus in event and meeting management for the past seven years.
Listen to Eric Dye & Julie Wong discuss the following:
- What are the pieces of information you need from a client or event committee when starting the planning process?
- Once you understand what the client’s needs are, how do you tackle the setting of goals of an event with the client?
- As you are working with a client or committee, what communication tools do you find most effective, and how do you use them?
- Often you need to hire a variety of vendors to help with the event. How do you properly select the vendors you bring on board?
- How do you protect yourself and your clients from vendors who do not deliver on the contracted obligations?
- As you are planning events it is essential to have a back-up plan, sometimes multiple back-ups. How do you go by insuring that all the bases are covered and that all appropriate back-ups are in place?
- As technologies develop and new products become available, have you seen your event supply box change over the years? What are some of the essentials tools you have in your box?
- Can you give us your three top tips planners should keep in mind as they start the planning process of an event or meeting?
Julie Wong, CMP has worked in the hospitality industry for over 17 years, with a focus in event and meeting management for the past seven years. She has worked in luxury resorts, fine dining restaurants, private golf and country clubs.
Julie creates events and meetings for large corporation in the Healthcare, Technology, Telecommunications and Real Estate Industries. She manages incentive events, corporate headquarter grand openings, client appreciation events as well as charity functions. Her company provides social event planning for corporate executives, NFL football players, and NBA basketball players.
Julie is involved in professional organizations such as the Executive Association of Greater Phoenix, Arizona Business Alliance, and Meeting Professionals International. Reach Julie at email@example.com.
On the next episode of Event Talk:
Al Wynant, CEO of EventInterface.com talking about the use of online and mobile event technologies to make managing and planning events easier, as well as engaging for attendees.
Event Talk is brought to you by EventInterface.com.