Event Talk – Episode 25: From RFP to Venue Contract
Kate Snapp, Sales Executive with Marriott International joins Event TALK to talk about the venue RFP process and understanding contracts, especially for meeting and event planners.
Event Talk is brought to you by EventInterface.com.
Listen to Eric Dye & guest Kate Snapp discuss the following:
- Why should a meeting planner use an RFP or Request for Proposal when working with a venue?
- What should be included in an RFP sent to a venue?
- What should a planner expect when receiving a response back from the venue?
- What is traditionally negotiable when working with a venue and what is not?
- What are the key provisions in a venue contract planners should carefully review before signing?
- What are your top 3 tips for planners when working through the RFP process and reviewing venue contracts?
A hospitality veteran of over 30 years, Kate Snapp has worked all over the west for some of the most well-known and respected hotel companies in the world.
In addition to being a leader in the companies she has worked for she has also been a leader in the industry, as well as the community. She is a Member of the Marriott International Business Council, T2 Trainer for Marriott International, the Fundraising & Events Director for the Oro Valley Dolphins Football and Cheer Organization, Member of the EduCon Committee for Meeting Professionals International and just finished her reign as a Member of the Board of Casas Christian School. She is a Past President of HSMAI, and remains equally involved as a member in both civic and professional organizations.
Kate’s trained and presented to groups of 5-5000. She is currently a Sales Executive with Marriott International. In her current position Kate’s primary responsibilities are Total Account Management and Business Development. The key to her success is based upon building and maintaining strong key relationships.
Reach Kate Snapp at: Kate.Snapp@marriott.com
Event Talk is brought to you by EventInterface.com, an event technology platform to manage and engage attendees.