Disrupting the way companies receive legal and consulting services
Mellissa Larkin, the CEO and Founder of Peripheral Blue, a company that is disrupting the way companies receive legal and consulting services joins Enterprise Radio.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is working in conjunction with the Legal Corner.
- As a Founder of Peripheral Blue, could you give us a brief run down on your career prior to launching the company?
- Company culture is important to Peripheral Blue, how have you made sure the right processes are in place to nurture a strong company culture where your team feels supported?
- What has been the pain point you have solved for companies requiring legal and consulting work?
- How have you approached maintaining balance while still being innovative in what is still a very conservative industry?
- What would your advice be to other women, who are perhaps law grads, about to navigate the legal industry?
Mellissa Larkin always wanted to be a lawyer and prior to establishing Peripheral Blue in 2016, Mellissa worked for many years in international and premier firms in Australia and Ireland and in-house with large corporations.
Mellissa has a broad skill set, combining the expertise developed in top-tier law firms including training as a mediator, paired with the best qualities and experience of an in-house lawyer. After nearly 20 years in the industry, Mellissa still loved being a lawyer but realised the traditional legal model was broken – there had to be a better way
In 2016 she founded Peripheral Blue Legal and Peripheral Blue Consulting with the aim of creating a company that would make a difference – to its clients’ businesses, to their experience with legal and consulting services, and to the services industry itself.
Peripheral Blue Legal and Peripheral Blue Consulting are a law firm and a consulting firm with a difference. We offer flexible, cost-efficient and collaborative services for businesses, in-house legal teams and law firms.
People also listened to this: Estate and business succession planning for entrepreneurs and business owners