Define Your Company’s Power and Purpose with Anthropologist Andi Simon
Corporate Anthropologist Andi Simon, Founder and CEO of Simon Associates Management Consultants and author of On the Brink: A Fresh Lens to take your Business to New Heights joins Enterprise Radio.
- Companies like Microsoft and Intel are hiring corporate anthropologists. In fact, Microsoft is the largest corporate employer of anthropologists in the world. They obviously think understanding and molding corporate culture is a worthwhile investment. Your research and career is dedicated to this field. Why do you think anthropology is important to a company?
- As a follow-up, how can smaller companies (read: not of Microsoft’s size) put these concepts to use.
- What is one of the guiding principles of your work?
- What are you working on now?
- If you were able to give a business owner only one piece of advice, what would it be?
Dr. Andrea (Andi) Simon, a corporate anthropologist, has over 20 years of expertise. She founded SAMC in 2002 to bring the unique perspective of anthropology to businesses and organizations managing change. Using business-focused games and strategic methods and tools, SAMC helps business leaders envision where they need to go next and works with them to develop a map of how to get there, all the while making the change process understandable and their abilities to change effective.
Andi is also the author of On the Brink: A Fresh Lens to Take Your Business to New Heights. Corporate anthropology is the practice of observing both the customer and the processes of a business critically in order to recognize unmet needs, tap into new markets, and achieve “aha!” moments that can lead to meaningful innovation and growth. In On The Brink, Andi shares seven amazing stories of companies who have achieved meaningful breakthroughs and growth, and actionable techniques to apply corporate anthropology to your business.