CyberDive builds healthy social media habits for kids & parents
Listen to host Eric Dye & guests Jeff Gottfurcht and Derek Jackson discuss the following:
- What was the inspiration behind CyberDive?
- What are some of the ways CyberDive keeps parents better informed about their child’s activity?
- What are some ways parents can start meaningful conversations with their kids around social media use and online safety?
- What has the response been from parents using CyberDive?
- How can parents access the platform?
Jeff Gottfurcht is the CEO and co-founder at CyberDive, the free online platform that allows parents to monitor their children’s social media accounts. Jeff previously worked in Silicon Valley for 14 years as a Vice President at UBS Financial, a global Swiss investment banking firm that provides services in more than 50 countries. He was selected as Man of the Year by the United Nations and their international school for the work he does speaking around the country, inspiring kids and adults to push through obstacles and achieve success. He is also the first person in the world to summit Mt. Everest with Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Derek Jackson is the CTO and co-founder at CyberDive. Jackson is an ex-military intelligence officer and Millennial tech entrepreneur. He previously served as a Captain in the U.S. Army, where his intelligence work focused on the social media activity of U.S. adversaries. Jackson worked as an intelligence officer for 5 years and deployed in support of combat operations with 1st Special Forces Group (airborne) in Kuwait, Jordan and Syria before transitioning to a civilian career as a tech entrepreneur.
People also listened to this: Pivoting a Business in Support of All Small Businesses