Construction builder promoting equality, diversity and inclusion
Scott Cocking, currently the marketing director for Deltec Homes based in Asheville, North Carolina joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Scott Cocking discuss the following:
- What made you decide to make the leap from a large multinational in the NYC area to a family-owned company in the mountains of NC? How did being a LGBTQ person influence that?
- How has Deltec Homes created a safe and welcoming space for you? What lessons can other companies learn from Deltec Homes?
- How does being in a diverse and inclusive workplace mean for a company’s brand in today’s world?
- Do you believe there are still workplace issues in 2021? What are they?
- What does the future of equality look like for companies?
Scott Cocking is a marketing professional with over 25 years of experience across a wide range of disciplines and industries. With both agency-side experience at companies such as JWT (now Wunderman Thompson), DDB and Grey, he has managed some of the world’s best-known brands nationally and internationally, including Microsoft, P&G, and Razor scooters; and worked at leading brands like Merck and non-profits such as Collegiate. He is well versed in the B2B, B2C and B2B2C spaces. He has spoken in many countries and been interviewed in publications spanning from China to the Netherlands.
Currently the marketing director at Deltec Homes, he works closely with the entire company to create and implement all marketing, communications, and advertising strategy. He is committed to growing brand awareness for Deltec around the world. His key focus is ensuring that its marketing works in a completely integrated way that seamlessly blends brand value together with lead generation.
He graduated from the University of Oregon with a BA in Journalism, a minor in German, and has had some studies at Columbia University.
Scott is a recent transplant to Asheville, NC, from the New York City area and is enjoying his mountain surroundings with his husband, three dogs and a cat.
The views, ideas, thoughts and opinions expressed on any program are those of the persons appearing on the program and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Enterprise Podcast Network – EPN.
People also listened to this: Leadership for the Post-Pandemic Future: Adapting to a New Business World