Conduct Business Both Profitably and Sustainably
Peggy Smedley, an award-winning journalist and technology expert and author of her new book “Sustainable in a Circular World” joins Enterprise Radio.
- What has led you to write Sustainable in a Circular World? Share a little bit about the work you do that has brought you to this point.
- In the book, you talk about the forces shaping sustainability including generational differences. Why is now such an important time to recognize the different generations and the role they play in sustainability?
- Can you tell us a little bit about the screener generation?
- How can we move from our current throwaway economy to a more circular economy?
- In the book, you explain that we need to move from grey to green. What do you mean by that?
- How is technology going to play a role in climate change?
- How can environmental, social, and financial come together to build up the digital age and lead to real transformation?
Peggy Smedley is an award-winning journalist and technology expert. During her 25-year career she has extensively covered IoT, manufacturing, construction technology, and most recently sustainability, circularity, and resiliency. She is founder and president of Specialty Publishing Media (SPM); editorial director of Constructech and Connected World; radio host of The Peggy Smedley Show; and author of her new book Sustainable in a Circular World (SPM, December 2020), which follows her first book, Mending Manufacturing (2004).
People also listened to this: The Balancing Act: Entropy versus Continuous Improvement