Chris Sullivan: “Dog Days” EP
Chris Sullivan, singer/songwriter from South Carolina joins the eMusician Podcast Show to discuss his latest EP “Dog Days”.
- Tell us a bit about your new EP “Dog Days”.
- You were recently named as a finalist in the prestigious International Songwriting Competition in the Americana category for your single “By the Light of the Radio” – tell us about that experience.
- What instruments do play and what do you enjoy most about performing live?
- Who were your influencers early on in your career, how’d you get started as a musician?
- Are you hitting the round this summer? Any upcoming events?
Originally from Jacksonville, Florida, Chris Sullivan grew up in Charleston, South Carolina where he fell in love with and began playing music. Sullivan’s vast musical influences solidify his no nonsense approach to delivering music unadulterated by trend and loyal to heart while expressing the introspective aspects of his life that would otherwise remain untold. Referring to Chris’s recordings, artistviewblog.com recently stated, “This is music. True, unapologetic music. Chris has a timeless style in his music. It sounds effortless. Exactly how music should be”.
In 2016, Chris Sullivan released a live EP, recorded in New York City. In June of 2018, he released his latest EP “Dog Days”, recorded at Hybrid Audio Solutions in Charleston, South Carolina. This EP includes the acclaimed singles “The City that Never Sleeps” and “By the Light of the Radio” (second place winner in the Americana category of the International Songwriting Competition). Currently Chris keeps a busy schedule writing new songs and playing live shows.
People also listened to this: Rod Clemmons talks inspiration and release of new album, Whats Up? Its Me!