Building for the future after 20-years of growth
Jim Berlin, the Founder and CEO of Logistics Plus, a leading worldwide provider of transportation, warehousing, global logistics and supply chain solutions again joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Jim Berlin discuss the following:
- Logistics Plus celebrated its 20th anniversary this past year, and in our previous interview we talked at some length about the company’s early years and growth over the past two decades. What’s new at Logistics Plus today as you begin your 21st year of business?
- Global logistics is a $700 billion industry. There are lots of companies much larger than Logistics Plus competing in this space. How does Logistics Plus compete and stay relevant in such a large, ultra-competitive industry?
- How has your talent pool changed in recent years, and what are you doing to keep Logistics Plus fresh and attractive to a younger generation? Are you able to attract and retain the level of talent you need?
- You take a lot of pride in your company’s flat structure, flexible work environment, and can-do attitude. How do you maintain that culture going forward as the company continues to grow?
- What do you see as the most important factors for Logistics Plus to continue enjoying the growth and success over the next 10 to 20 years?
- What advice would you give to other successful entrepreneurs with mature companies contending with strong growth while trying to maintain their company cultures?
After a 20-year career as a truck driver and dock supervisor, Jim Berlin founded Logistics Plus in 1996 with only three employees, one customer, and a passion for excellence. Today the company has over 400 employees, over $150M in annual revenues, and serves thousands customers, both large and small, all around the world.
Jim and his employees put the “plus” in logistics by doing the big things properly, and the countless little things, that together ensure complete satisfaction and success for the company’s customers. Jim was honored as an EY Entrepreneur of the Year in 2004 and was named to the EY Entrepreneur of the Year World Hall of Fame in 2005. The company has won numerous other global, national and local awards for employer and service quality.