Alternative Energy, a life in the oil industry with Marc Bauer
Marc Bauer who has written a new fiction novel titled Alternative Energy, a fascinating exploration into living a life in the oil industry and the toll it can take on youth joins Enterprise Radio to share.
- Can you tell us why you chose the title Alternative Energy?
- Is the book autobiographical?
- Can you tell us why working in the oil industry is such a draw for so many people?
- Your novel tells us something of the human costs of the oil industry. Was it tough to balance fiction with a realistic description.
- Do you think you will write a second book?
TIP: Anyone considering going into the oil and gas industry needs to research what they are getting into. My book is taken from real life situations. This isn’t a free ride by any means. It’s one of the most accurate descriptions of what life is like from a working man’s perspective- and those around him- friends, family; everyone can be affected by this job.
Marc Bauer was born and raised in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan and then moved to Medicine Hat as a young boy. He has lived and worked all over Western Canada as well as overseas as a millwright in the oil, gas and power generation industry for over 15 years. He currently resides in Edmonton, Alberta.