Hulsey Smith the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Aero Kinetics that has grown into an agile 21st Century Aerospace and Defense firm, having operated on various continents of the world in support of Business Aviation, Special Missions, and U.S. National Defense joins Enterprise Radio to discuss Aero Kinetics.
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guest Hulsey Smith discuss the following:
- Describe Aero Kinetics and what your company manufactures?
- I understand you recently announced a partnership with GridMeNow. Who is GridMeNow and what does the partnership mean to the future of the drone industry and your company?
- We have recently heard about several drone accidents. Does this technology make it safer to fly drones?
- Your company beat Amazon and other major industry players to the punch in filing the very first FAA filing for Type Certification of a Multi-Rotor Unmanned Aircraft Systems. Tell us about that.
- Where do you see the future of the drone industry?
- For entrepreneurs that are looking to get into the field, do you have any advice, or lessons learned?
Hulsey Smith is the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Aero Kinetics. Hulsey founded Aero Kinetics in 2003 while still in college. During his tenure he has lead all phases of the firm’s development and expansion. Ten years later, Aero Kinetics has grown into an agile 21st Century Aerospace and Defense firm, having operated on various continents of the world in support of Business Aviation, Special Missions, and U.S. National Defense.
Hulsey’s passion, dedication, and vision allow him to pursue “The Art of the Possible” with an uncanny vigor, based upon the cornerstone ideology that value creation is derived from spinning the conceptual into the tangible. An eternal optimist, he despises the word “No”, and is sure to pull up a chair when a conversation starts with “What if…?”
While attending Southern Methodist University with a football grant-in-aid, Hulsey suffered a severe neck injury that ended his athletic career. During the nerve and muscular rehab that followed, he conducted an intensive study of leadership development creating the foundation upon which he would build his future. Turning his competitive drive from the football field to business, Hulsey launched a small venture capital firm, while still a student at SMU. His first investment was in aviation, the forerunner of Aero Kinetics.
Hulsey graduated from Montgomery Bell Academy in Nashville, Tennessee, and matriculated to Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas where he graduated with a degree in Economics and Public Policy. He currently resides in Fort Worth, Texas, enjoys spending time with his family and is an avid outdoorsman enjoying snow skiing, bird hunting, fly fishing, water-sports and other outdoor activities as often as his schedule will allow.