Business Consultants, Enterprise Radio, EPN News, Exclusive Interviews, Start Up Companies
Advising and Investing in High Tech Startups – An Interview with Patrick Henry, CEO of QuestFusion and former CEO of Entropic
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 9:49 — 6.7MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
Patrick Henry, CEO of QuestFusion, a consulting and venture investing company that provides strategic guidance for startups joins Enterprise Radio. Patrick is the former CEO of Entropic Communications, which was sold to MaxLinear earlier this year.
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guest Patrick Henry discuss the following:
- What qualities do you think make a successful businessperson?
- Is there anything that makes working in technology different from other industries?
- Besides the actual technology what changes have you seen in the tech industry since you’ve become a CEO?
- Do you have any advice for start-ups looking to preserve their culture as they grow their business?
- What do you look-for when making an investment in a startup or emerging growth company?
- What’s it like giving advice to a new generation of CEOs everyday as CEO of QuestFusion?
- Are there any common issues you’re noticing with QuestFusion clients?
- How often do you draw on specific experiences from your time at Entropic while working at QuestFusion, and if so, what lessons or moments do you keep coming back to?
Patrick Henry, the CEO of QuestFusion, is a San Diego-based entrepreneur and the former CEO of Entropic Communications. Mr. Henry is a seasoned executive, CEO, and board of directors’ member, with over 25 years experience in managing high technology companies. Prior to forming QuestFusion, Mr. Henry had over 13 years experience as a CEO at three different startup technology companies. As CEO of Entropic, he took the company from a pre-revenue and pre-product phase, to a successful NASDAQ listed public company (Symbol: ENTR). Entropic was acquired in early 2015 by another San Diego tech company, MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL).
Mr. Henry has experience negotiating complex M&A transactions, large multi-year contracts with Fortune 100 companies, employment contracts, and major strategic partnerships.
Henry was the winner of the 2008 Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year award for Technology, the San Diego Daily Transcript 2008 Top Influentials, and 2011 San Diego Business Journal Most Admired CEO. He is a board member of EvoNexus, a San Diego non-profit trade organization and technology company incubator and accelerator.
Mr. Henry has a bachelor in Engineering Science and Mechanics with high honors from the Georgia Institute of Technology, and a MBA from the University of Southern California. He is also involved in a number of charities and civic organizations including Compassion International, the Georgia Tech Foundation, the University of Southern California, and the Rancho Santa Fe School.