AchieveIt, your software solution to help drive execution and accountability
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Scott Regan discuss the following:
- There’s been a lot of research, articles, and books written about execution. What are some of the things that you’ve discovered that cause organizations to fail in the execution of their strategic and operational plans?
- It seems as though execution and a culture of accountability go hand in hand. Is this the case, and, if it is, what can business leaders do to elevate accountability throughout their companies?
- Your company offers a software solution to help drive execution and accountability. Tell us how it works.
- Can technology alone solve problems related to execution and accountability?
- What if your problem is not about execution and accountability, but, rather, you have no idea how to build a plan that drives business performance.
Scott Regan is the founder and chief execution officer of AchieveIt, a business transformation firm that specializes in strategy development and execution management. AchieveIt provides cloud-based tools and applications that allow their clients to execute smarter, faster, and better. Before launching the firm in March 2010, Scott served as an independent consultant, as well as the executive vice president of the Juran Institute, a global consulting firm that assists organizations with achieving breakthrough improvements in quality.
From 1998 through 2006, Scott served Memorial Health in Savannah, Georgia, in a variety of capacities, including a five-year stint as executive vice president and chief operating officer. During Scott’s tenure at Memorial Health, he was responsible for hospital operations, marketing, strategic planning, and human resources. He was the principle architect of the organization’s corporate culture initiative, which landed Memorial Health on Fortune’s list of “100 Best Companies to Work For” – four years in a row. Scott, who is a Six Sigma Master Black Belt and a certified Lean Sensei, also launched Memorial Health’s Lean Six Sigma quality program, which resulted in the medical center being named by Leapfrog as one of America’s 50 safest hospitals.
Scott has worked with organizations throughout the United States and United Kingdom on strategic issues, strategy development, and creating organizational cultures that foster execution and innovation. His work has yielded tremendous results, including a $40 million turnaround in 24 months for one organization and a $47 million turnaround in less than four years for another.
Scott has won numerous national awards and has served on the boards of national, regional, and state organizations. Since 1991, he has presented workshops and seminars to more than 250 organizations. He also holds a Master’s in Business Administration and a Master’s in Health Services Administration. In 2002, Scott received the Award for Individual Professional Excellence from the Society for health care Strategy and Market Development of the American Hospital Association.