With the current technological advancements that are taking place, reservation system software for your restaurant is probably the most vital part of your business. The software acts as the heartbeat of the whole place and helps to organize and manage the tables. As such, it is essential to understand these systems and how they can impact your business in a positive way. Remember, that most people now use the internet to look for and book restaurant reservations. Some restaurant owners do not even know about this technology, leaving them to use traditional methods which can cause mistakes and inefficiencies. As such, this article provides you with five tips for choosing the right reservation software for your restaurant.
- Alignment. Every business owner wants a way to make money. When choosing a reservation software, you need to understand how that business makes money and how that influences the services they offer. The right reservation software must align with your business operations. You will find two different types of reservation software in the market: consumer-facing and operator-facing systems. Consumer-facing allows you to list your sitting inventory and enables customers to search for and book tables across different restaurants around that area. Operator-facing enables online reservation services to create customer-facing sites and apps. These apps and websites provide an excellent advertising opportunity.
- Integration with POS System. Every piece of technology in your business must talk to each other. Ensure that your reservation software integrates with your Point of Sale (POS) system. The two systems should also offer functionality as part of the integration. For instance, the combination can link a table to a check, update the table status, and push the final sales tally to the reservation. Some advanced integration can synchronize table orders and map data to both reservation and guest profiles.
- Legal Requirements. Every restaurant owner should understand both local and labor laws. Some laws influence reservations. For instance, the law demands that your business should accept, process, store, and securely transmit credit card information. As such, your reservation system should be able to request, store, and charge credit card details. Other rules to consider include the General Data Protection Regulation and the American with Disability Act.
- Profit. The primary objective of having reservation software is to increase your profit. The right system should have a revenue-generating tool that can upgrade your reservation and sell event tickets during the online booking process. You should also choose software that helps you market your customer experience. For instance, the software can allow customers to select their seating positions.
- Plan. Excellent reservation software comes with several covers. You should be able to fit more parties according to your number of tables and their turn times. A busy restaurant can be challenging to manage, especially if it has walk-in seating. The right reservation software can ease this work for you.
Even with excellent restaurant reservation software, do not forget about good hospitality. You need to treat your customers like humans and not as a number in your system. Listen and take advice from your customers to improve your business. Finally, always involve your staff in your restaurant reservation system.