Seven Guidelines For Your Award Acceptance Speech with Dr. Bill Lampton
What guidelines should we follow, to express our gratitude gracefully and sprinkle our humility with an appropriate measure of pride?
1. Prepare your remarks yourself.
2. Never take the “I don’t deserve this” approach.
3. Remember to thank your presenter as well as the group.
4. Within limits, thank those who helped you qualify.
5. Mention two or three previous winners.
6. Be surprisingly brief.
7. Tell a story about your experience with the group.
Keep this list of recommendations handy. You never know when a ranking official will notify you that you’re going to be center stage at an awards dinner. Following these seven guidelines, your speech will become as award worthy as your career.
For those who’d like to download this episode or listen to it now, right click on the download link above or left click on the grey arrow button above to play now.