Luci Gabel, Exercise Physiologist, Nutritionist, and Coach at LuciFit.com and Mindbodyblast.com joins Entrepreneurial Fit Radio to discuss why so many people fail in their New Year’s resolutions to change diet and exercise.
- Why do so many people fail to change their diet and exercise even when they make it a point like a resolution for the New Year?
- What are some of the deeper reasons people have for getting fit or healthy?
- So, say someone realizes that becoming more fit and healthy really is something he or she wants to do, what’s next?
- How fast do things change when we start a healthy diet and exercise program?
- Do you coach your clients as you have been describing here?
- When is your next course starting and how can people find out more?
- Do you have any suggestions for people who are feeling impatient or anxious about whether not they’ll achieve their goals?
Luci Gabel conducts online training and nutrition programs for clients worldwide via e-mail, phone, and video conferencing. Clients range from the young, fit and athletic to those with special physical needs, all of whom want to lose weight, gain strength, increase flexibility and improve overall quality of life.
Luci specializes in quick and effective workouts and simple healthy eating plans. As an entrepreneur and previous manager for several organizations, she knows what it takes to stay fit and healthy with a busy lifestyle. Her coaching is based on a formal education in exercise physiology and nutrition, combined with experience in teaching strength training, Pilates, and yoga. Her own fitness accomplishments include a Tae Kwon Do black belt from Seoul, Korea, triathlons in Hawaii, Physical Mind Pilates Instructor Training in Honolulu, and yoga studies across the country.
Luci holds a Master’s degree in Exercise Physiology from the University of Maryland College Park, an Master’s in Business from Johns Hopkins University, and a Bachelor’s of Arts in Physical and Psychological health from Binghamton University. She completed coursework in dietetics at the University of Hawaii and the University of Maryland College Park. She is certified by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) as a Health and Fitness Specialist and by the American Council on Exercise (ACE) as a Personal Trainer and as a Lifestyle and Weight Management Consultant.